Driver's seat switches inactive

Gentlemen,
Advice requested. Daimler 89 3.6
Problem: All switches to driver’s seat inactive.
So far: Fuse in left hand fuse box tested fine.
Next step?

regards,
Peter Parsons, Cornwall UK.

Peter,

Which fuse - #8 or #10 ?
I’m looking at a wiring diagram which I believe is for LHD cars so the driver/passenger seat switch fuses may be transposed.
Have you checked the seat switch relay? (white base for left, black base for right I believe)

Thank you Bryan, both seat fuses are fine. Where is the seat relay?

I can’t remember exactly but the wiring diagram describes their location as “Centre console support strut left and right” for passenger and driver relays respectively with access via “Console switch panel”.
Perhaps someone with a better memory than I can explain better. :slight_smile:

Many thanks to Bryan for his good counsel

Update:
Battery ran flat, interior light
Battery charged
Car started
Seat controls now work
Any theories?

Low voltage electrics without say silver or gold plating don’t do well with disuse. Use, wipes contact surfaces clean st least for relays and motors, Oxidation takes its toll on relatively unplated relay contacts, electrical plugs and motor copper armatures etc… sometimes just using it bouncing car around driving brings things back to life… and or electrical contact cleaner and possible soft tap with saw a rawhide or plastic mallet…
Also sometimes it is good with car OFF and not running to plug and unplug carefully the old connectors and spray a cleaner on the pins and reassemble… connectors under bonnet would do well with a spray of Silicone too… that would wipe those connectors cleaner than before. ALSO good to check ground connections --usually bolted to frame or body and check for corrosion… A multimeter or test light hand to tell if voltage is getting to a relay motor or switch…multimeter is the better of the two. Fluke a great brand but other cheaper models are good too.