Drrrrrrr Rocker rot!

So I went to check my lug tightness since I had my wheels road force balanced, and I noticed that my rocker right in front of the right rear wheel finally succumbed to the Pennsylvania roads winter treatments. I started poking at it and yes it was pretty bad. I’m no professional, but I’ve done some repairs before soI decided to make my own patch panel by hand, got it pretty close, and started putting it together when it started raining. Drrrrrrr! Hopefully I’ll be able to get it finished this weekend!

1 Like

Please tell me there’s a jack stand, somewhere not in frame…:wink:

Nice work! What did you do to alleviate moisture and further dirt entrapment, behind the patch?

Absolutely a stand out of frame lol :grin:thanks! I’m going to leave a small weep hole for the water and dirt to come out though. Hopefully that’ll be enough. Also yeah, it was REALLY packed up with dirt! Part of me wondered, when I saw it, if the factory may have added the sand as an anti rattle/absorption type thing. Probably not though. Lol :grin:

1 Like

Good work: where applicable, in places like that, I always left a hole, through which water could drain, and one could periodically flush it out.

That said, I live in a dry climate, where these rust issues are far less prevalent. Ofttimes, in a place where dirt buildup caused a a rust hole like that, and people didn’t want to spend the money to fix it, I’d just clean it out: leaving it open to air will stop any meaningful rust progression.

1 Like

Well went out to finish today and as soon as I started it started a REALLY wet snow. Argh! Also probably going to have to cut higher due to as soon as I strike arc on a couple of spots, the factory metal disappears. Drrrrrrr! It looked, felt and sounded solid, but it must be a little bit thin. Add into the fact of laying on my side and having wet snow and a couple of small spalds going down my ear. I decided to give up for the moment. Smh

1 Like