Dumb Horn Question

Ok, this one is a dumb one-- how do you use the horn. I never tried until the other day. I pushed the center prowler in the steering wheel but it doesn’t appear to move. Is it possible that I have an incorrect hub plate in the middle that is static vs one that is supposed to depress?

Thanks!

push the turn signal stalk inwards

1 Like

Lol, I’ll give that a try thanks!

1 Like

inwards means to push it towards the steering column. Not forward to front of car or back to you!

1 Like

I hate the horn being with the stalk. Years ago I saw an article about converting it to the center button like on the earlier cars. Has anyone here done the conversion and have an opinion on the effort and the cost ?

David
68 E-type FHC

1 Like

Couldn’t find the often referenced George Cohn write-up but this one from Mike F might help:

Wow, you have a great memory for an old guy;-). I must have written that up 20 years ago, for George Cohn’s old E-Type Lovers page.

I’ve done this conversion a couple of times since, most recently with a stock S2 steering wheel and an S1 horn push button. It’s an intricate project, not for the faint of heart. It does come out nice when it’s done though.