E-Type '67 for sale S1 FHC lhd

Hi, unfortunately selling my e-type. I am the second owner and it was originally delivered in Belgium. It is one of the very last S1 with the toggle switches. 1E34555. All matching numbers with its original interior. Please see for more info and pictures www.complimentcars.nl . Car is located in the Netherlands. All history is known.

Generally you’re not supposed to post ‘for sale’ here but since you’ve done it I will say - a very good looking example. https://complimentcars.nl/inventory/e-type-series-i-4-2-coupe/

Good luck with the sale.

Do you know if it was converted to covered headlights? I owned 1E34499, and it was an open headlight car.

Might not have been converted. They may have been making open for the US market earlier than elsewhere

Hi yes it was converted to closed headlights. Regards Ewout

As far as I know rest of the world cars all got toggles even through '68 up to the intro of the S2. We were the lucky ones to get the federal safety features. Almost without a doubt the car was converted to covered headlights. In the US open headlights happened in Jan. '67 soon after for the rest of the world. No late '67 car would have covered headlights.
pauls

I’ve always liked the coupe in white. Don’t see too many in that color any more. I suspect a lot of them were repainted Resale Red.

Yes this white with red interior looks very good and this is from a guy with one in resale red from Coventry. I do like the Carmen red a lot but there many other colors that I think look better on an E.

David
68 E-type FHC

What’s the electronics in the cubby?

1 Like

Seems hard to believe, since the sheet metal pressings are different around the headlight aperture.

Is wasn’t just a matter of adding a hole for a marker light…the dies for both the fenders and the hood center section would have been different.

Agree. But for the federal market they may have always kept the covered headlights. Just thinking

Larry

I would love to see/read someones experiences of converting to covered with the MMW parts. I am about to start the process but am concerned about getting the flanges in the right place for the parts fit afterwards (scoop/glass/chrome)

I did write to him for the instructions (as I never received any with my parts) but heard nothing back. Quite disappointed and not expected TBH.

Don’t the buckets on the diaphragm need to be changed, too?

Yes…I have them too. As do the sugar scoops

I wasn’t challenging: just making sure my fading memory’s not THAT faded!

Never thought you were Wiggles. Its been a challenge collecting the parts without costing the earth. Its taken 18 months of searching, but finally got the last pieces of the jigsaw with the diaphragms. I was contemplating modifying the existing as a last resort. I was really pleased with the original glass lenses and chrome surrounds for £200 at a Jag meet last year. Two perfect original sugar scoops for £40. With the MMW flanges, the conversion will have cost around £600 which I think is good value. It could have easily cost 2-3 times that with new, non original parts.

I want to add a follow up to this comment.
Rather than delete it, I want to praise the efforts of the forum and Chuck for what followed. Jerry from the forum very kindly got in touch with Chuck On my behalf, who in turn, got in touch with me. Chuck could not have been more helpful with advice and answering questions. His responses were as I originally expected and his reputation for quick advice are not exaggerated. Jerry took the time and effort To assist; for

which I am very grateful. There can’t be a forum Anywhere which works better for its members. Thank you Jag-lover!

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted. Chuck at MM is definitely one of the good guys!

1 Like

@69Cat: note the use of Clecos:wink:

1 Like