E type boot runners

Just a little dressing of the boot boards before a drive to Scotland for the weekend

1 Like

Check out my ancestral hometown, when thereā€¦ Wigton!

:sunglasses:

I thought Wigton was Cumbria? Iā€™m sure I camped there?

It is in Cumbria: there are huge tidal flats just outside the town.

There is even a car club!

1 Like

Are those the original boot runners rechromed or repops? My 3.8 had the runners replaced with plastic rub strips which look similar but are very obviously wrong. Beat up runners online seem to never come in a full set and are ridiculously expensive and even more so if you consider the rechroming. Repros from the usuals are also priced in the stratosphere. Has any one found an acceptable readily available replacement?

They are new, the first runners sent were too narrow and these ones fit perfectly, easy to trim to a point and locked in with plenty tension. I donā€™t have the price to hand. But I can have a look at what it was for you.

Are these an ā€œupgradeā€?
I thought that on OTS there were no boot runners

I havent seen them on an otsā€¦bare boards and a loose fit hardura matā€¦Steve

On my last 3.8, I just bought the set from SNG. They are $$, but look and fit perfect. Used ones cost almost as much JS

Sorry should have clarified. My 3.8 is a fhc. Runners in an ots would be a bit blingyšŸ˜€

1 Like

The few original pieces I had seemed extremely cheap and not near up to the standards of most interior trim, which I thought was pretty high quality (like window cranks, etc.).
I just left them off, however my fall back would have been old style body side moldings, as we had sub letters install on early 70ā€™s Chevies at the dealer I worked at. These seem to be still available - they are Al channel with separate end caps and various color plastic channel. Obviously not original, but, in my opinion, certainly better quality. They are slightly taller and wider, and much cheaper. You could get blunt and pointed end caps.

Those are what are my car presently and work fine but I would eventually like the real deal. I was hoping the extrusions sold by the usuals were actually commonly available on the market if one knew where to look.

Yeah itā€™s not OTS, the black one is sorry.

Hello, if you are looking for a complete set of the chrome runners I do believe I have a set that has Very Good original chrome. If interested Iā€™ll do a search if you are interested. Jim

Iā€™m pretty sure that the originals were anodized aluminum, not chrome.

1 Like

WHATEVER !!! WHAT I HAVE HERE ARE ORIGINALS, THEY SHINE LIKE CHROME !!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMENTS. Jim

I have originals, but thanks also

I would be interested

Joe, at this time I cannot get inside my shed, Still a pile of ice/snow blocking the door. I just had a operation on my arm so I cannot do much hard effort for a few more days. Hopefully it keeps warming up here and the rest melts make my life easier. Iā€™ll keep in touch, Jim.

Definately chrome, not ali.