E Type exhaust manifolds NE

I’m needing to replace both exhaust manifolds on my 63 E type. My car is a driver and I don’t need perfect coating but would like both to look the same or have most of the coating or at least look good enough so as to not draw attention to ugly. Please email me.

I took my XK 140 manifolds off and ground them as smooth as I thought was enough, then had them Hot Coated and a high temp clear coat applied. They are nice and black, but I did not get them smooth enough to really be glossy. I think if I had really gotten them smooth they would shine more, but they are good enough for me. They have take a couple of Best of Show/Best of Class, so they aren’t too bad…

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I found out the hard way XK140 exhaust manifolds are different than XKE. Down pipe seal is different and will not “fit” the E Type down pipe. I guess I was the last to know this. :frowning: Lucky I found a nice pair for my E Type with most of the coating.

Oh, sorry, I thought you wanted to get yours coated. You are correct the manifolds are definitely not interchangeable, but the Hot Coat works on whatever you have, if you get the old ceramic off…