E type hard top for sale

[About this item detailAbout this item](javascript:void(0))

Item description detailSeller’s description

[Postage, returns and payments detailsPostage, Returns & Payments](javascript:void(0))

Sell one like this

BD20687 VERY RARE ORIGINAL E-TYPE HARD TOP S1 & S2

Condition: Used

£5,000.00
Hello folks, I was surfing ebay UK and stumbled on this, The top is incomplete and I thought the asking price was outrageous but on the contrary the Mercedes hard tops for the SEL 300 was posted on ebay for over $20,000. At this price comparatively it seems reasonable at $7000.00 with exchange…

They should emphasize its rarity by adding “You won’t find many in this condition!”.

Hi Jack and I agree because It might be rare there hence supply and demand for a factory original. The chrome drip rails, the horizontal pieces at the bottom of the rail all sells for almost $2000 per piece per side, not to mention the rear glass, and a paint job, it does add up. Whoever has a complete hard top in perfect condition should consider themselves very fortunate :sunglasses: :+1:

Or “If you want one in the worst way”.

Last year I bought an OTS that came with a decent factory hardtop. I’m beginning to feel like I bought a factory hardtop and it came with a decent S2 E-Type attached to it.

4 Likes

If there are no aftermarket tops, that will sell for sure. As, every OTS E I saw at Goodwood had a hardtop on it

Thanks AGAIN to @Erica!

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: Jack, spot on !

Here’s one for the Series 3 guys. Bargain.

$10,700 US currency wow! :flushed: :flushed: :open_mouth:

Got a friend who bought his S3 new from the dealer. They wanted an additional $500 to include a hardtop - he passed on that.

Still working on my time machine.

1 Like

Most of the hardtops that are on Racing Jags are after market, take a look at the lack of trim
and drivers do not want the big weight penelty of an original top they want the reduced wind drag
that a hardtop affords! So they seek out light weight tops.

I’m assuming that 7600 pounds as a “bargain” is NOT your own rapier wit.

:flushed:

The comments are quite amusing. Does anyone know if, in fact, there are really good after-market tops available?

Jay - Welcome to J-L!

This recent thread suggests that @derek1 found one:

Thank you. Geo Hahn, how might I ask you a question, please? I can’t seem to figure out how to ask other members questions directly - either via this site nor email? Regards, Jay Miller

To ask in a PM ( private message), tap the persons avatar: the circle on the left that contains their picture or their initial.

That will pop up a window, asking if you want to message them.

Thank you, much, Paul.

Paul, when I tried that, there’s no 'private message" option.

Anyway, I think you may have the answer I’m hoping to find. who are the best suppliers of parts for E-Types, eg., SNG Barratt or others?

There‘s an original S3 hardtop on ebay classifieds in Germany, @ 1999€ nayyy

They all have their advantages: my personal favorite is SNG. That said, Terry’s has a good reputation as do other suppliers, about which there are many threads in the archives.