[SOLD] E type Series 1, 3.8, convertible top frame and oil pan

Description: Convertible top frame for a 1963 e-type. Over all in good condition, but has a couple areas of surface rust highlighted in pictures. I do believe it is very usable once cleaned and a good alternative to the exorbitant price of a reproduction. I can send more pictures of any specific area, looks worse than it is (old glue).

Asking price (if selling):$1,250.00 Buyer pays shipping, or pick up in Columbus, Ohio

Contact information: PM

Cost of shipping (if selling): actual, to be determined

Willing to ship worldwide? I would prefer not to.

Description: Oil pan for 3.8 e-type. The pan is in great shape, professionally stripped, and threads look good. I can send more pictures upon request of specific areas.

Asking price (if selling):$650.00 Buyer pays shipping, or pick up in Columbus, Ohio

Contact information: PM

Cost of shipping (if selling): actual, to be determined

Willing to ship worldwide? I would prefer not to.

I have other E-type odds and ends let me know if you need something specific. Also, looking to trade a 3.8 triple carb intake for a 4.2 (up or down)

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

1 Like

Hi Bill,
Was your convertible top frame removed from a 1963?
Thanks,
Linda

Yes, is should fit all Series 1.

1 Like

Yes, I know it will fit the S1, thanks. I just wanted to know if it was removed from a '63, as it has 3 bows vs. 2.
Thanks,
Linda

Please advise if you believe it is not in fact a 1963, the car it came from was a 1963. I would like to avoid selling something with an incorrect description.

Hi Bill,
I’ve rechecked some research I did years ago, and please forgive me - I’m sure your top is a '63 and belonged to that car, and it is correct for a Series 1.
The top with the 3 bows came on the early Series 1 convertibles, and '63 is early enough. It was the Series 1.5 and 2 that had 2 bows.
Thanks again,
Linda

2 Likes

Thank you for checking and confirming the application. I appreciate your knowledge and please help me in the future if a description is incorrect. All of the parts are suppose to be from a 1963, and I don’t have access to my fathers car which is a series 1.5 anyway. I am trying to do my best selling the parts from a parts manual. Thanks again, Bill

1 Like

I will be heading west some time around the first week of November, and I go right past Columbus. I would like to purchase your convertible top frame and pick it up during that time. Of course it would be a mutually agreed upon date/time. Please let me know your preferred payment?
Again, thanks!

That would be great. Please let me know the date so I can plan accordingly. Cash in person is fine, that way we both can confirm your happy with the frame. I do have a basement full of parts if you are interested in a treasure hunt. Bill Evans

I suggest now that the purchaser has your coordinates to delete them. (Scam calls from Nigeria, identity theft etc.)

2 Likes

Great, thanks Bill - it’s a deal! I’ve got the address & phone, and will let you know as soon as I know the date. If you prefer a weekend due to work, etc., just let me know, I can work around that. Also what time of day is better for you.
I’ll thank Nick regarding the deletion, not sure how to do it with this message.
Thanks on the treasure hunt as well!

I am a single father and work from home everyday but Tuesdays, so it is rather hit and miss. Thus, it depends on the day/time. I should be able to work around your schedule with a bit of notice. When it gets closer to your travels, give a call and we can work out a day and time.

Ok, sure will and thank you! I will be driving a box truck and hopefully dragging a vehicle behind me. I’ll be driving along I-70, so glad you’ll be close to that route. Thanks again!

1 Like

Oil pan has been sold, top is pending.