E type series 1.5 windscreen motor

Hi, Bought a Series 1.5, 1968 LHD E type DHC. I had a problem with the windscreen motor, checked all of the fuses, wires etc and decided it was the motor itself. It has been overhauled and checked and is working. Still no joy. OK its a DL3A motor with 3 leads and an earth. Checking the switch connections, there are 3 leads going to it, but there are 2 additional leads which are not on anything and have been taped. What I need to know is haw many wires are suppose to go to the switch and it what order? Has anyone got a wiring diagram showing this. NB only 3 wires and black got the motor. HELP.

this might help you
S1 wiper-motor technical.pdf (552.8 KB)

The Series 1.5 wiper motor is different from the Series 1. Does this help? The green goes to fuse 7…

Hi Doug, thanks for the reply and diagram, will have a look on Monday and go from there. Thanks again.
Regards John Dale

Good morning John, Thanks for the info, will read through it and TRY to sort it out on Monday.

John,
Doug sent you the most accurate wiring diagram for your '68 series 1-1/2 E-type. The document I sent refers to the Series 1-1/2 but it doesn’t explain that variation well. Sorry.