E-Type UK Forum

We have had a serious failure to the UK E-Type Forum software which is going to take some time to resolve. Most owners use both J-L and the UK Forum hence I thought it appropriate to let people know what is going on.

Regards

David

I know. It is terrible!!

Appreciating the time and energy spent into making it happen, tribute to David and others contributing.

Precies, exactement genau! A great resource for UK and Europe - Brexit or no Brexit.

My screen described it as a ‘socket error’, so not wishing to hide my IT skills under a bushel, might I suggest a ring spanner or cold chisel? Happy to help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ouch! I don’t use the E-type forum but I know its a huge asset to the community not to mention your knowledge and help!! Hope you’re back soon so not too much hair is pulled out. XKEdata went down a couple of weeks ago, I feel your pain.
pauls

Hi David,
Hope you get it up and running soon. I’m already having withdrawls…lol
Wes

Bloody Whitworth!!

nweiufop;ewbfiuw

2 Likes

Update on this issue.

It is proving to be more difficult than expected to get the Forum back up for reasons beyond my control. I am hoping to take back control so I can give a realistic timeline on having things back up and running.

Not how I wanted to spend my week!

David

Good luck David. If you can’t fix it no one can.

Check in case someone has parked their E-Type on the extension lead to the computer shed and is stopping the electrons from getting through. Old trick - confused the heck out of Edison.

1 Like

David, may the force be with you.
And thanks again also to J-L for enabling the info to be passed

OK, I have identified the problem and have come up with a solution which will take a few minutes to fix, I believe.

Unfortunately I do not have direct access to the Forum database tables and structure so I have to wait for a third party to do the key work and they are not familiar with phpBB3!

A bit of a nightmare but hopefully we may now see some action.

David

2 Likes

End of week two of the Forum being down and this is where we are up to.

I have been given username and password credentials but on FTP’ing in I find they have given me access to the E Type UK (who host the Forum) commercial web site and not the phpBB forum directory. Much like J-L with its “forums/jag-lovers.com” url the UK forum address is “forum/etypeuk.com” and not “etypeuk/forum” which means I am in the wrong part of the server directory structure. sigh

Probably won’t hear back today so it will be Monday at the earliest!

Despondent David

3 Likes

Chin-up, ‘Jones the Fixer’. We all appreciate your constant work on behalf of enthusiasts.

Pete

3 Likes

Your efforts are most appreciated David,I’m addicted to the Uk forum as well.

Regards Gerry 62 ots.

did they check the Lucas routers?

1 Like

Badda boom… badda bing.

:smiling_imp:

Many thanks David. I feel like I’m missing a limb at the moment! Cheers, Rich

Hi all hope this is not seen as rude to ask about another forum on this here forum . But anyone know what’s happening / how is it going with getting the EType forum going ? Regards Darren

Look at David Jones’ posting of yesterday.