Early facelift windscreen

Lockheed,

Your sheer ARROGANCE is simply INSURMOUNTABLE.
May I suggest you take it to wife and/or kids but I doubt with that sort of approach you have any.

The codes you posted are IDENTICAL to codes on my windscreen, frits too if you only bothered to zoom in.

I suggested NOTHING, I was referring to the two dots above L and belo d simply because someone far more knowledgeable than you posted in another thread that those dots on Pilkingtons indicate the year of manufacture which may point in the general direction of correct vs incorrect windscreen. FFS!

So, how is it that it won’t fit your car?

Maybe Pilkington cut it too big?

Good evening and thank you for reading my inquiry. I have XJS 1992 (8-1991) VIN SAJNW5848NC181994. tHIS IS A V-12 Coupe. I replaced the glass in 1-2019. A number of shops and club members attempted to locate a BEC9535 gasket. None could be found and no manufacturers exist for this part. The old gasket was carefully put back in. 3 1/2 years later I’m still looking. Gaskets from other XJS Coupe series were tried and none fit. The BEC9535 is the only one. Please tell me where you bought yours so I can get one. Or, if you have not used yours and do not plan to, I’ll buy yours. Thank you. 310-291-8904. Much appreciated. Charles Anton Los Angeles Jaguar Owners Club/Inland Empire Jaguar Owners Club.

Terrys Jaguar shows they have BEC9535. I put it into their cart with no problems!

Richard
1994 XJS Convertible

I ordered it. Unbelievable. I have been checking Terrys on and off. Maybe they just found some. YOu are the best. I ordered from another parts house. I added it to the cart, paid, everything. Two days later, I get the email. “order cancelled. Part not available.” I hope the same does not happen again. Stay tuned, folks. This is an old topic. I wish I had known how rare this batch of VIN’s was a long time ago. Thanks so much. I hope this works out.

I do appreciate the info, but it happened again. Terry’s Jag Parts allowed the BEC9535 to be added, paid for, and approved. However, I got the email a week later, “Unavailable.” To make matters worse, I was backing into the garage as I have done for 10 years. It’s a tight fit, reversing at an angle to avoid the metal door track. Then the tricky bit, straightening out. After 10 years of avoiding contact with the track, the BEC 4123 or 4122 bumper finisher caught the track and roughed up the black finisher that holds the marker light. I purchased both sides on SNG Barrett because both are listed as special order. That’s layman’s terms for “Get it NOW. It might not be available soon.” I hope these finishers are not going to be another windscreen gasket nightmare. TBC.