Early XK 120 panel light or wiper switch photo

Looking for a photo of the early Panel and Wiper Switch (Jaguar C.2744 and Lucas 31228) as used on the (roughly) first 4000 XK 120s (up to about September 1952). This is the Lucas PS7 Push/Pull switch with the chrome knob. Does anybody have a photo of this item with or without the chrome knob?

Thanks, Bob K.

here are a few from my stash… they are also correct for the fog lamps. Despite vociferous condemnation by all the usual suspects… I still contend that the location of the switch for that purpose was on the left hand side of the central dash instrument panel in the mirror position of the screen washer pump knob. This applies to the late model 120 dash only.

Godfrey,

Thanks for your very quick reply! This is exactly what I was looking for, as all I could find is the upper version on your first photo which is the later version (Lucas 35659) with Lucas connectors (as used on the E-type).
It is indeed the fog lamp switch that I was looking for, in preparation of an article on the XK 120 Foglamps (note: one word according Lucas).
I will come back on the location of the foglamp switch later (if you allow me) but the situation is not that simple for the actual Jaguar installed “Optional Extra” versions (if any at all). The position of the switch on “works-prepared” XK120s with these Jaguar “Optional Extra” foglamps is again a different subject.

Hope you allow me to use one of these pics

Thanks again.

Bob K.

This looks the same part as the heated rear window switch as used on the S type, 420, Mk10 etc.

Wardell,

You’re absolutely correct and this includes the E-type as well. But only used as “Optional Extra” on these cars, as (strange enough) the chromed knob didn’t match the other switch knobs on the dasboard.

Bob K.

Bob I have a number of foglamp variants NOS in the box and some are dated if this is of any value to you There is also the issue of the reflectors… some are silver as the headlamps, some are ‘aluminised’… both bear the same part number… There is still the outstanding question of the routing and location of holes and mounting brackets all of which have been tossed around for years without any real consensus By all means use the pictures. best wishes Godfrey

Godfrey,
It;s my intention to solve it once and for all, but still working on it. Hence my question. Working with some other listers to solve the “handed” brackets Jaguar used. I may contact you for additional info off line to see whether you’ve more information but so far I recognise what you’re referring to. (Just a hint: silvered reflectors were replaced by aluminised versions after some years, as Lucas stopped the vacuum deposition of silver layers on reflectors).
Thanks again!

Bob K.

Noted… the challenge regarding the reflectors is that if you mix and match them ( which often seems to occur ) they look dreadful from a distance! There are also date codes in the glass lenses. I have ascertained that there are at least 5 different incarnations of these between 1949 and 1954/5 with many more later, It will be nice to finally have your excellent research added to the current knowledge