Early XK120 Mark VII oil filter, clip inside canister

Does anyone have a picture or component supplier information about the Jaguar part #2743 or Tecalemit part #163122 “Circlip securing bottom Pressure Plate”, down inside the oil filter canister on early 120 and early Mark VII?
It is made of spring wire, looks something like this as best I recall.

part no. 111 here:

This would be found in filter assemblies FA2045 and FA2678 only.
All A engines, B engines to B5304 and W engines with the huge bolt on top.

Thanks Ian.
I’m not sure what angloparts sells, as their picture shows the snap ring type for XK140, but here is the original part for XK-120/Mark-VII.

It is made of .048" diameter spring wire.
15/16" ID and about 1" OD.
not quite two wraps around
Squeezing the two loops does not expand it, which would have made sense, instead you have to hold one loop with pliers and unscrew it while holding down the spring plate.

Here’s what’s inside.

I found sticky black goop under there.

Order of assembly:
coil spring
steel washer
felt washer
filter contact plate
wire clip

Did it look like this?

That’s what I scraped off the bottom of my sump!

Yep, now aren’t you glad you did it?

The canister pedestal that the spring, metal washer, felt washer and filter contact plate pass over at its base has an external thread and I think a groove at the lower end of the thread.
Does the circlip have to pass fully over the thread to reach the groove or is this not critical if a standard external circlip fits neatly somewhere on the thread?
The tension on the filter will clearly be affected by the answer to this - any suggestions?

I just recall the threads, no different depth groove. Perhaps you have a different variation?
Spring tension on the filter element should be enough to hold it to the sealing ring, but not too much that it would crush it.

Thanks, Rob.
On careful re-examination you are correct, what appears to be a groove is just the gap in the thread before the resumption of non-threaded part.
It makes complete sense to test the tension once the circlip is on.

Here is a method of fitting the bottom circlip.
Place the spring, metal washer, felt washer and filter contact plate in the canister.
One person compresses the plate with two pieces of wood, held like chop sticks apart at the top.
The second person stands at right angle to the first person, places the circlip in an extra long pair of circlip pliers then places the circlip round the canister pedestal outer thread.