Earth ground point

Hi. I know that the whereabouts is not crucial, but could anyone tell me where the negative lead from the 4TR control box grounds to the body originally. I have looked on the bulkhead/firewall but can’t see an opportunity to secure it.
Thanks,
Rob
1965 S1 OTS

Rob look again carefully behind your battery on the closing panel for the firewall—where is your negative battery cable grounded? There is a fixed nut behind the panel that accepts a bolt which is the master ground.

It’s in this diagram of the firewall mounting points…

1 Like

John that is an interesting diagram–did you do it? I esp. love the ??? ones. If you did the chart I think you can exp. the ??? as LH vs RH . Thanks and to the question of the OP see “Ground strap”!

George,
Yes this is my diagram but it is based on one that I found and added the details from my own car.

If you are willing to tell me which ones are LHD vs RHD then I’ll gladly edit the file and repost it. I can email you a larger file to look at if you like.

John, that is a wonderful diagram.
Many thanks.
RTob

Will be glad to but bet you can. Most of the ??? are just redundant holes from a RHD that would be plugged. Think where would xxx go in a RHD!

Nice work BTW but the panel gap looks a bit off!:grinning:

Great George. Found it. Thank you,
Rob

That’s fantastic. Thanks for posting it. A worthy addition would be to include the dimensions of all those various plugs.

Hey admins, we really need a library function in which to place all this kind of useful information.

Credit to John North who started this and I built on his original work.

Indeed.

I’m just not too sure about how to best go about it.

What’s the purpose of the model pages? Could that be populated with some kind of indexed collection of information first sorted by model (E-Type Mark V, etc.)?

A post was split to a new topic: Model Pages planning

Hey guys, I received some corrections from the E-type UK forums that I have added to this updated diagram.