EDIS6 modules -- any difference between P/Ns?

Looking to source an EDIS6 module for my engine makeover for my Mk2. Quite a few on eBay both new and used. There seems to be quite a variety of different OEM part numbers as well a label colors (green and orange). Anyone know if there’s a difference between these part numbers that’s of importance to an XK engine retrofit?

Thanks,

Tom

Go to a junkyard, find a 6-banger coil pack, and Im betting there will some info on how to wire it all up on the Intertubes!

Wiggles – was talking about the ignition module as pictured below. Coil packs seem pretty straightforward. I found a reference site that lists the Ford vehicles that are candidates for the EDIS6 conversions…then looked up EDIS6 P/Ns for one of the vehicles. Even then there are a few different P/Ns specified, so I picked what looked like the most recent P/N and went with it. I haven’t come across anything that mentions differences, so probably none…but using the latest P/N in the series probably means it was the latest iteration of the module (with later being better as if they worked out bugs). Anyway, seems logical by me…hopefully it’ll work :slight_smile:

imagehttps://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.gmNeJEjCf4eCng9mXlifXwEsDh&w=267&h=200&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&dpr=1.166943&pid=1.7

Oops…sorry! Typing While Stupid’ll do that to me!

Ray will likely have your answer, on all the componentry.

1 Like