Eleanor - Storm damaged X308

I have owned a 2000 XJR for the last 13 years. Unfortunately I managed to hit a tree last week. It had blown down in the 2nd January storm we had in the UK and sadly for me was not signed or the road closed.
I managed to obtain some parts from the local breakers yard, a good deal was had, but I think the real problem is going to be the headlights.
I know it has been asked before but I’m hoping that someone will be able to give guidance on the repair parts - I.E. the brackets. Both of mine are gone.

Anyone?

Parts for this car are readily available new or at breakers yards. It doesn’t appear the damage is structural. don’t let this one go to the crusher.
Bonnet and wing
All of these bits are available through dealer parts as well as craiglist.org or the European equivalent.

Thanks for the reply.
I fear the brackets are all corroded in the UK though. I have contacts in the USA whom may help if required.
I can’t let it go. I’ve just put £5k in the car.

I have an XJR-100 that was hit by a deer. I replaced the bonnet, and right wing as well as the headlight assembly on the right side. The bonnet didn’t fit too well so with a touch of filing, I got it to fit perfectly.

here’s two of my XJ’s.

Superb car Mark.
It’s the blimmin’ headlamp brackets causing me grief.
Did you have to sort those? If so what was the soloution??

yes I did.
Terry’s Jag as these new. the lights and the plastic part around the headlights are all one piece. I have a couple spares that I got off craigslist too. If you need the part numbers let me know and I’ll source those for you.

This is a better picture of the whole car. the green Series III I picked up on craigslist for 500.00 59,000 miles. didn’t run; needed complete suspension rebuild as well as interior. I sourced the interior on craigslist complete seats, door cards and console £350, the best part is the color matched the existing so I didn’t have to change out the carpets. I have maybe £600 in parts. I love the Series III; it’s not fast, but it’s a good example of Jaguar. The XJR-100 IS FAST, handles amazingly well for a 2 ton car, but rides like a BMW. Thank you Ford :smirk:

Whatever you can do to help would be much appreciated.
I sourced the surround and the 2 outer lights.
The brackets though are all corroded in the UK.
I found some in TX but the postage is horrendous. It seems USA is the best solution for the brackets.

I’m not sure what bracket you’re on about. Can you get me a picture?