Electric fan does not shut off

Thanks. Parma-Cool looks like a good idea.

thanks for the information

You might need to update your #1 fuse at the engine compartment, and it would be best if you add a relay, especially if you install a high Amp fan.

As for controlling it, you can either have both run at the same time via the original thermal switch at the water pump, either make the aux fan work only when the AC is on, either control the main fan with itā€™s own thermostat.

PS
The secondary Air Valve Relay on the diagram is my own addition, so ignore it

I posted an older drawing in my other post. Iā€™ve updated that drawing with a ā€˜betterā€™ drawing, which is attached.

thanks for the info

You can try hooking the fan at the original sensor in the water pump.

In what temperatures does your current sensor turns On and OFF ?
The top rad hoses is where the coolant is the hottest indeed, as it just comes out of the engine.
Maybe you can find one with higher temp settings?

thanks. been a while, canā€™t remember the temp setting of the sensorā€¦ will look at water pump . another member suggested a Kit from Perma Cool that is a control box, all wiring and sensors.
the only wiring diagram is in my shop manualā€“someone else suggested splicing into the themodine sensor??? appreciate your help michael 85 xjs

Michael, there are some good threads on the subject in the XJS archives.
One in Feb 2022 by Wahnfried is good, as it talks about Temps and some alternate ideas

There are adjustable cooling sensors and control boxes as well Michael, automotive specific or for general use.
I actually have one taken one from a household water heater and installed it in my car, not for cooling but for idle control.
The principle is the same.