Electric fan, MY 1988-1992

On 1988 through 1992 models, a single electric fan is mounted in front of the radiator, controlled by a thermostatic switch. If the electric fan does not come on at anytime, the thermostatic switch should be bypassed by disconnecting the electrical connector at the switch and connecting the two pins with a jumper wire. I have done this but the fan does not operate. So, the problem is either the fan relay or the fan motor. The original fan is no longer available.
Has anyone experience with repairing these electric fans?

If your fan does not spin free maybe seized???
if it spins free and you jump the TEMP switch and no joy… be sure fan is getting power… stick pins in the feed wire and check for voltage and or remove the fan and then power it direct…
and
1989 XJ6 my fan at purchase at first was seized…i removed the plastic blade and filled a jar with mobil 1 light oil say 0w30 ow20 etc… stuck the motor shaft into the oil up to the bearing… ran it on external power for probably 20-30minutes(used electronic power supply monitored amps and could see the amps reduce as the bearing cleaned up) … to flush out the sleeve bearing and has worked good since…

Good luck

Thanks for your views, 2tonejag.
The problem is that the fan does not give any signs of life when I supply power to it. So, probably both the motor and the relay are gone.