Electric fan switch idea

Has anyone used this switch from moss motors to control an aftermarket electric fan.

I installed a fan on my 420 sedan with a Hayden controller and the controller is failing already. When it was cooler my fan rarely turned on. Now with the heat wave I really should do something better, so I don’t cook my new engine. I would use the switch for activating a fan relay.

I was thinking and remembered I converted my hd8s to manual choke. That’s why I don’t need the otter switch. I would put this E-type fan switch in place of otter switch.

We have a Mk2 with AED so the otter switch is used for that. For the auxiliary fan we used an inline hose switch from Pro-Alloy Products -

M22 Fan Switch Adaptor Pipe - 38mm dia x 100mm Long M22 Adaptor and Switch - £24.58

I just put a manual toggle switch beside the one I use to switch the WEE on and off. Means I can pop it in in traffic when I really need it.

Cheers.
Dave

AED… Not WEE… Spellchecker

I plan on a over ride switch as well. Just want something to control the fan automatically. I ordered the fan switch today.

My 3.8S also runs a Hayden electric cooling fan which is controlled by a thermostatic switch (also supplied by Hayden as I recall) that has been working for 20+ years. For all the world it looks like a large nail with wires on the end and simply pokes (gently) into the fins of the radiator. There is even a potentiometer to adjust the cut on speed. It this thermostatic switch what you have that has failed?

Yes the thermostatic switch is failing. I have the same setup. I’m planning on doing my own design as mentioned above with a series 2 e-type fan switch to a relay and an over ride switch.