Electromagnetic Interference 2005 S Type

Strangely I am experiencing intermittent faults and a vehicle that goes into Limp Mode. It then clears itself after turning the ignition off and restarting.

When the fault is up the message centre flicks through Engine Systems Fault, DSC Not available, Parkbrake Fault. The Jaguar Dealer say that no fault is showing when checked later. No help and I can’t believe they have no knowledge of this as it has been widely reported on the Web.

So seeking similar experience to isolate the problem.

Have any members had this problem.? And is it related to EMI. Cell phone towers for instance have proliferated since these cars were designed and made. Toyota have unresolved problems it seems, and so do Australian GM cars.

Thanks

Here is some info about the INST PK that you might find interesting.

bob

Additional Diagnostics for Instrument Cluster.pdf (221.6 KB)
S413-02am False Warning Lamp Illumination.pdf (223.7 KB)

Thanks Bob

I,ve read the useful information you have sent and it may be of use later. For now my research indicates the problem appears tp point in the direction of the Throttle Position Sensor.

This problem is reported in XJ, XK, and S type cars of the 2000 to 2008 era. In most cases the only solution is to replace the Throttle Body at some expense. But first I need

1. Purchase a Code reader to further home in on the DTC,s being thrown up.
  2. Clean up all the electrical contacts inputs to the Throttle Body.

And be very wary of this fault. It has the potential to cause a serous accident. In many cases the Dealers seem to be in denial which is beyond belief. As it is a major issue which has been very widely reported.

Any other views or experiences should be discussed on this Forum I beleive.

Here is a link to help others perhaps. And I also have a video of my dash which I will try and shrink before sending.

Dave