Emergency Brake Axle Straps

I have an 1953 XK120 DHC that is missing a couple emergency brake axel straps that are also used on the Saloons of the period with drum brakes. On the 120, there are three straps that secure the brake lines and emergency brake cable to the rear axel. In the parts book, these are identified as P/N C.3617, on page 39 and shown as item #137 on Plate R. The parts book refers to these straps as a “Clip”.

I’m missing two of these on my car and I wondered if anyone might have any sitting around in their spare parts stuff? If so, could you please let me know. Happy to buy them from you.

Thanks Much,

Cliff
cliffordlewis66@gmail.com

Also see photos:

and

These look like the clamps that are available from the usual sources, but it is a different clamp than that used on the XK120. The ebay clamp is P?N C7860 and the one for the 120 is P/N C.3617. The clamps serve a similar function, but they are quite different.

1 Like

I have not had any luck finding a proper set of the C3617 “clips” and the similar clips available from the usual sources are not faithful reproductions of the C3617. So I’m headed down the road to make some faithful reproductions of this part. I just wanted to check to see if anyone in the Jag Lover’s community might want any as anyone trying to properly affix their emergency brake cable to the axel would be having exactly the same problem that I am having getting the C2617 part.

Just trying to get a feel for how many to make, so if you would like one or more of this part, please send me an email: cliffordlewis66@gmail.com

Thanks Much,

Cliff