Emergency brake question

Ok so I am trying to look into my “emergency brake on” issue and saw someone somewhere mentioned about a micro-switch possibly being an issue. I tried to figure out (carefully) how to remove the leather brake cover, but didn’t want to force it. Is there an easy way to remove the cover, and where exactly is the micro switch? Another thing, the two covers under the hood that cover the relays just sit in the opening, should there be a clip or something to hold them down? There is a plastic piece on the bottom that looks like it would “click” over something, but I dont see what

Ok! So I did a lot of looking around online and found out how to remove the parking brake cover! Yay! I was then able to look around and watch the mechanism in action! It works, the cable moves and all, but when released the arm that hits the micro switch doesn’t hit it. I tried the switch and the light went off! I started looking around and noticed a rub mark and that the actuating lever didn’t go all the way to the edge of the rub mark. I tried to move the lever and it wouldn’t move. I loaded up the mechanism with lube and started working it. It finally moved and hit the micro switch! Looking at it, with the lever all the way down, the cable is about 1/8th inch out! Is there a way to adust the cable? I think that will fix my issue

Sounds like you made really good progress.

1 Like

Im trying! Lol! I don’t have a manual for this one yet, I have one for my xjs, but thats no help lol. I found a drawing that shows an adjuster rod, and a video of a guy replacing cables and it shows the assembly, but not how to adjust it. Im guessing its threaded and “just turns in” we’ll see tomorrow!

Have a look here Jason for all the manuals you require.:grinning:
http://www.jagrepair.com/JaguarXK8ElectricalOBDIIcodes.htm

Oh awesome! Thanks very much! That’ll come in very handy!

And job done! No more light and the parking brake works! Wooooo hooooooooooo! It mustve stretched some, took about 3 threads to make it right! Yay!

1 Like