Engine bird's nest

Trying to complete an engine swap I started several months ago. I have had some help in the initial disassembly and removal, so I didn’t do everything (that’s my excuse for what follows!). I am left with a few mysteries re. wires, pipes, tubes, hoses. I would benefit enormously from some pictures of the engine compartment of a complete car! Can anyone take some pics and send them to me? Please??

Sorry, '82 Series 3…

Jerry,
I see that you are new to Jag-Lovers. Welcome!
I started a thread called “Engine Transplant 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas” in December 2018 specifically for this purpose, to help others doing an engine swap. Through dozens of posts and many pictures I captured the key elements and milestones as I removed the failing 200K mile engine in my 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas and replaced it with a nicely running engine from a crash damaged lower mileage 1987 XJ6. The thread ended in the summer of 2019 after I entered this car in a JCNA concours for judging in Champion Division where it scored very high, especially on the engine bay judging.
Just search the archives for “Engine Transplant 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas” and you will find lots of helpful info and pictures about how I did it and got the engine to run on the very first try. This was my second Series III XJ6 engine swap and so I have a fair amount of experience in doing this, pretty much singled handedly with the help, advice and encouragement of my Jag-Lovers friends. I took hundreds of pictures during this project, so if you find that after reviewing my posts that there is a picture that you still need, I may be able to help out.

Paul

“no results found”. If you can find it, maybe reply with the link?

Jerry,
I searched the Jag-Lovers archives, found that string instantly, and replied to the first message that I posted in December 2018. It should be in your inbox now. You will be able to see the entire string if you open up the post with the subject line “Engine Transplant 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas” and click on “Visit Topic”.
I recommend that you learn about how to use the archives in the “How Tos” section.

Paul

Easier: Engine Transplant 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1 Like

Thanks. I’m Dennis by the way, not Jerry!

image001.jpg

1 Like