Engine number location on the V6 XJ220

Hi to All, a brief rundown, I look after number 216 xj220 for gentleman here in Adelaide Sth Australia. A recent purchases.
We are attempting to have the vehicle registered for the first time in Australia and need to verify the engine number and it’s location on the engine block.
If there is anyone that can assist, it would be mostly appreciated.
Cheers Sam

Hopefully Dr. Solly can answer for sure, but I have seen pictures of these blocks (not high res) that suggest there is an etched number between the distributer and crank balancer area. If that ends in “SB” it’s probably your number. Also, with the VIN, the XJ220 register may already have recoreded the engine number for reference? IDK. It’s a guess, but maybe it’s worth looking with a mirror on a stick.

Since you’re in AU, you might ring up Mike Roddy Motors. I’d wager they know.

~Paul K.

Thanks Paul…
That’s great

Sam Caruso
+61 400 954 790

1 Like

Thanks Paul
Much appreciated…

Cheers

Sam Caruso
+61 400 954 790

1 Like

Sam,
The XJ220 was never certified/homologated regarding Australian Design Rules to be legally useable on Australian Roads - except under a couple of special short term (and not permanent) permit arrangements.
There is one exception, but it all depends on what basis the Federal Government IMPORT APPROVAL was issued; and there is no provision for any discretion/exceptions/exemptions by the South Australian, nor indeed any other State/Territory Governments…
Send me a private message, and advise what category of Import Approval #216 XJ220 has, and I will advise whether there is light at end of tunnel or not…