Engine numbers on flywheel, crankshaft

The flywheel and crankshaft were balanced as a matched set and were stamped as a matched set.
Watch this video at time marker 10:00

orphan 120 flywheel

Mark VII crank

140 crank, looks like a mistake in the stamping by the factory worker
IMG_20201116_080738735
This is the flywheel that was with the 140 crank above, but it is very rusty and I found no marks other than these punches.

John
Flywheel stamped VS1119 came from my July 58 150 ots 830933 which has an original V-4141-8 engine , so somewhere along the line the flywheel must have been replaced.
After checking all VS engines on XK Data and other areas there is no sign of a VS-1119 engine ,there is also a B stamped next to the flywheel stamping.
Car lived California.

The B is a balancing mark that matches a B on the clutch pressure plate.

1 Like

No. I passed that engine on to Steve Kennedy. BSD came from a 3.4L Mk2. If you are collecting data, (ha!) I still have the front cover and main caps from a XK150 3.4. WDB, it will take some digging to find the engine number. The block was cracked and scrapped.

Terry, C2239 is obviously the part number for the earliest version of the (6 bolt) crankshaft. I didn’t look for any stamped numbers during the rebuild, unfortunately. It’s a bit late now, same with the flywheel!

Iightened Flywheel which was in 660983.

Hi,

Yes, this was used already for the SS Jaguars / MKIV’s.

Cheers!

John
A 4.2 crank number from a 420, showing a miss stamping
7D 51409 and 7D 40951 underneath.
Also showing the engine number on block
Why the change ?

C92X 6 bolt Crank and flywheel

John,

Another flywheel (unknown origin) with the following number L46X next to the Balancing mark.

Looking at this flywheel, I guess there are indications that this might be a lightened flywheel C.5808. There is no number stamped and the weight is about 8.8 kg or 19.5 lbs.

In addition, the number “structure” looks more or less identical to Terry’s M56Y flywheel and Mike’s N35X. If there is some logic in these “lightweight” numbers we have at least the sequence L, M, N.

Bob K.