Engine parted from the chassis video

I struggled today to lift the engine high enough to clear the rack . I think there would be no chance of using this sort of crane if the body was on ?

That’s the usual sort of crane, not sure why you couldn’t get it high enough. It’s actually better to use a proper engine crane bracket, that way you can get the end of the jib right down close to the top of the head. If there’s a real height problem, you could take the head off first. I’m hoping I can get mine out with the body on as I don’t want to have to lift the body too high.
Chassis doesn’t look too bad!

Jim,

It does come out with the body in place but you need to get the angle right. See the pic on this page. Halfway through the lift I had to jack up the rear of the car to create a bit more clearance for the gearbox tail shaft housing.

http://www.stretton.tv/engineout.html

Eric

I’m not sure if I was getting full lift from the crane , it did seem to go a bit weak at full stretch . I haven’t used it for years and perhaps the seals are getting tired . I have a good beam in the garage I could use next time .

you may be missing a bit of hydraulic fluid if you can’t get full extension (and to do the engine+gearbox combination out with the body you need quite some lift…)

Thanks , worth checking

Here is mine out two weeks ago. Made it pretty easy using the engine load balancer. This with an overdrive fitted as well.

You are getting far more height than me from your crane , I will need to look at mine .

You could have scrimped a few inches by deflating the tyres, sorry to be late with that :slight_smile:

I did it the other way by putting some boards under the crane . I could gain about 2" before it was fouling on the roll bar