Engine question

Just purchased my First jaguar. Notice a part to vacuum line in rear of engine is broke. Any ideas what this part is at the y. Plastic is broke on drivers side. Wanting to replace. Circled part I need replaced

What year? My guess is it’s post 1982, i.e., HE engine, so it’s taking manifold pressure to the ECU in the boot.

1995 XJ12. Aquired the car on trade. Was looking for the switch that opens coolant to heater core and noticed that

Slightly off topic. It appears from the witness marks on rear of engine that it was not bolted up to a 4L80E transmission as would be expected for 1995. What transmission was fitted?

I think it is a check-valve for the air-injection (emission) plumbing.

1 Like

Here’s an illustration of the air injection for a 1995 XJ12. Maybe it’ll help

https://www.jaguarclassicparts.com/uk/jaguar-xj-x300-parts/engine-management-emission-systems/secondary-air-injection-system/air-rails-check-valve-6-0-litre

Cheers
DD

You guys are awsome. Thanks for the help. Second day of driving but love the way this vehicle handles. I got it on a trade for an 87 Honda 750. She rides smooth.

Honestly I do not know what that engine came out of. I found it on google for asking this question about what that part is. Mine is broken on the drivers side where that rubber Y is.

This is the xjs category shouldn’t you look in the xj category.

Scrimbo,
Not exactly, a 1995 XJ12 would be discussed on the X300 list. The XJ list is for the Series I, II, and III XJ6s and XJ12s. Then came the XJ40s and the restyled X300. So the Original Poster should be on the X300 list or possibly the V12 list.

Paul

Paul

1 Like

Ok…but I Thought because he was new, he got in wrong category.

Didn’t know that the XJ12 was that much different than the XJs. Basically had a question and was looking for an answer. I got what I was looking for. Thank you to the ones who answered my question

1 Like