Engine shutdown mid drive

Paul,

Great suggestion…and I tried reversing polarity with the same thought of dislodging debris…without success…i decided to dissemble it to see the cause of the failure. Once I got the crimps pulled (and destroyed in the process) I was able to remove the top cap and brush assembly. I still could not get the armature and pump assembly to spin free until I removed the pump housing screws and wiggled things around.

This Bosch pump uses centrifugal roller pins…the replacement claims to use an updated turbine type pump.

Cheers

Gary

You can buy them with the LEDs too.

I bought one years ago to wire up the Aux Fan AC mod. Has been working great! (They make them with 4 pins too)

very cool thanks for sharing

Just a brief update. The mid drive engine shut down was traced to a seized fuel pump. A replacement was sourced and installed…and after a short period of cranking to purge the fuel system…she came back to life and I had a successful test drive.

Gary,
Congratulations on your success!

You should check the condition of your surge tank and the plastic filter at the end of the fuel pick up tube to make sure it is intact and doing its filtering job correctly. Some have added an aftermarket fuel filter between the surge tank and the fuel pump to protect the fuel pump from tank debris.

Paul