Engine support 4.0

Greetings! New to the group and not sure how to use search function yet. I have a 94 coupe 4.0. I’d like to change motor mounts, 6 shooters and rear vee mounts. I’ve looked all over the engine and can’t seem to locate any lifting lugs to support engine while I lower the front member to accomplish the above. Any hints?

Gordo

You’ll need a hydraulic jack and some wood blocking, a 4x4 perhaps? Slide it underneath the engine and voila! I can’t recall at what particular point I lifted it, but it may have been just before the transmission bell.

To change the front mounts you’ll need to be able to raise and lower the engine to get those mounts out and in. Too high and it won’t work, too low and it doesn’t work either…it takes a little bit of optimism but it’s easy enough.

The rear mounts are even easier! I think I lifted the car, again with wood blocking, by the gas tank, that was enough to do what I needed. You’ll want to avoid the axle and suspension since you want to axle on the floor and the car in the air.