Engine Transplant 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas

Today I reached another major milestone in my engine transplant project. I completed all of the engine bay restoration and painting and today I installed the donor engine into my 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas. :slight_smile: Things went very smoothly with the engine installation but I still have a lot of restored parts to install before I will be ready to start the car up and drive it. The first three pictures show how the restored engine bay looked right before I installed the engine. The fourth picture shows me lifting the donor engine off of my engine test stand with my engine hoist. The fifth picture shows the engine as I am placing it in the engine bay and the final picture shows the engine in the engine bay after I tightened up the nuts on the engine mounts securing it into place The rear of the transmission is temporarily being supported by my transmission jack until tomorrow when I plan connect the propeller shaft, install the transmission mount, and start installing all the rest of the parts that I have cleaned, polished, painted or replaced.

Paul

4 Likes