Engine weights!

Hi.
There is quite a few topics on this.
Some says that xk engine is around 600pounds
My question is:
Does anybody know the weight of the 2.4 and the 2.8?
They have the shorter block.
But i havent seen any weight data on them.

https://www.automobile-catalog.com/make/jaguar/xj_series_1/xj_series_1_6/1969.html

I think 40 kilos is almost a little much? Comparing the weights. Who knows what trim differences, etc.

David

depends if there is a “henway” attached to it.

or a Grecian urn.

:yum:

the numbers i have are that the 2.4 is 195 pounds lighter than the 3.4 or 3.8. the 2.8 may be a similar number compared to 4.2. that is like a grecian urn filled with wine.?

Yer supposed to ask, “what’s Grecian urn?”

:joy:

or what’s a “henway”
?

1 Like

Grecian urn and henway
New terms to me🙄
Im totally offđŸ€”
Thanks for answers anyway

Old jokes

“What’s a Grecian urn?”

“The going rate of minimum wage.”

“What’s a Henway?”

“They average 2.5 kilos.”

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

Wiggles,
I appreciated the childish humor of your post but wondered how many of the non-USA members of this list, and/or those who have English as a second language, would understand your playful words. :slight_smile:

Paul

Here in denmark
One could say: how long is a rubber bandâ˜ș
Or: heavy as a bad year

2 Likes

I understand zero, but then again with at least three different kinds of gallons alone I expect to understand precisely nothing either way.

I‘m only slowly getting some signal when I have to translate inches, feet, miles, drag strip times, mpg, and I know how much Fahrenheit is cool and how much is too hot.
There’s five scales for everything in your world.
In other words, it is terrible, comical enough, so I switch off either way :grimacing:
Is it actually about anything? I wish we can return to engine weights one day, but I am afraid this will never end!

By the way, I needed some time with the greek, but he explained all the jokes after a while.

1 Like

Well, they asked
I explained.

1 Like