Etype photos - post some of your favorites!

So I believe. After my 500, I bought a 750, ( actually had 3 now,) but I think the 500 is a much nicer bike, and, according to contemporary reports, the 350 was just as much an improvement over the 500, lack of power notwithstanding.

This is my 500, although it’s currently in bits as the engine had spun a couple of bigends, prior to purchase as a non-runner, unfortunately. Didn’t discover this until test rides.

And this is the 350, or parts thereof. More to arrive, but want to finish the 500 before getting bogged down with the 350.

2 Likes

Bikes are fun to work on and you don’t need alot of space Nice
Takes me back
Cheers

2 Likes

Here’s my first bike, a 1981 Honda CB750 Custom, the CB350F when it arrived, and then all spiffed up, and finally my CT70

1 Like

Had the E type in the workshop recently and took these couple of shots.

1 Like

That 350 looks superb. Last time I looked, pipes were still available, but not cheap. A resto is incomplete without them.

Before and after shots of 500s.

4 Likes

SCCA races at Scholes Field in Galveston, TX - 1964

4 Likes

I think that’s a hooker header ?

Know the car/driver?

Could be; I don’t know anything about it.It was quite well made, but needed a larger muffler; a bit loud for my taste. It was on a bike I bought and restored almost 20 years ago, but I put standard pipes on it, so this sat in the rafters for a while. I bought the 2 500s with intention of creating one, but Covid hit , and needing something to do during lockdown, I did both of them. Sold the gold one to fund the green one.

After some digging I found that there were 2 drivers running E-Types in the SW Division in the mid-60’s, Dave Dooley and Louis Heuss…I think that it was Louis Heuss. BTW Jerry Mouton was also there at those races.

1 Like

Chris, I thought you were going to say,that you had found a long lost car in the patch!:grin:

Now they are VERY used, but some folks take them and make them new again. Who would have thought back then that they would become valued and treasured? A pretty face requiring a lot of makeup.

Apparently the daily catch and possession limits for Crumpets is higher than one might expect.

7 Likes

Well… Since you mentioned it… :slight_smile:

IMG_5545

6 Likes

Considering how much time I’ve spent removing dents from a bonnet, the idea of introducing ‘crumpet-bum(p)s’ sounds unappealing!

1 Like

She weighed 90 pounds: I helped place her on the bonnet, so there’s no Crump bumps… :slight_smile:

Oh, I think she has just the right Crump Bumps……

4 Likes

Hold on, what is in the back?

All of that, including the pot plants?
Apparently, yes.

4 Likes

Ah… the spirit of @Chuck_Anderson lives!

A SI OTS restoration candidate for the ambitious!

1 Like