Etype photos - post some of your favorites!

We married off our middle son on Saturday and he asked that the E-Type be a part of the celebration. I was off sucking down a celebratory martini when they were taking the post ceremony photos with the car and won’t get them until later but here is one of a little fun that we had. My brother Ed could not make it due to health reasons (he’s gonna be ok) so I made up this Ed Head. Standing, erhh, sitting in for him on this one is his son.

5 Likes

Long, King’s birthday weekend here in NZ. A couple of friends and our wives went for a country cruise and then stopped off at a local winery for lunch.Here’s a pic of our cars.

You can just see them in the carpark behind these bloody McLarens!

2 Likes

I arrived early at the office … parked way out … but the Big Fatso modern cars found me…

7 Likes

They always do. I always park my daily driver quite far away from the groups of cars in a parking lot, and inevitably when I get back to my car there is at least one monster pickup/SUV etc. parked right next to me. And there are hundreds of open spaces closer to wherever people are going. I just don’t get it.

2 Likes

Man they sure have grown .
How about a F type next to your e type . They super sized it

I find it safer and less worrisome to park where I can pull out going forward. This usually entails finding two empty, head to head spots and pulling into the forward one. Something I notice a lot of people doing now. On the occasions I can’t, I’ll park where there are multiple spaces on each side of me, only to come back and find a ginormous SUV or pick-up on each side of me and empty spaces all around.

PS: My ex used to think there was something wrong with pulling into a space and then pulling forward, so as to be able to drive out forward on leaving.

1 Like

I feel your pain…

7 Likes

Every time I see the color of your car it looks more stunning.

3 Likes

I used to avoid parking next to someone whenever possible to avoid door dings. Now I never parallel park the E-Type thinking one of those trucks will back over me and never see the car or care that they played Monster Truck with it.

1 Like

… at least you have very wide parking fields in the US… :+1::wink:

1 Like

Same in the UK. I once left my car at the furthest away space from the door in an almost deserted car park and lo and behold as I got back an SUV had parked right next to me. Slightly flummoxed but with a big smile on my face I asked the lady exiting the car why she had chosen that particular spot. With a slightly embarrassed giggle she said she was told to always park next to the most expensive car in the park as thieves would target it rather than her car. She claimed it was common practice and was taken aback I did not know :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s amazing. The E almost looks like a toy car stuck between two “normal sized” cars.

And it wasn’t even considered a particularly small or light sports car back in the day.

2 Likes

Too true. That exact situation happened with to me.

Parked at the Mazda dealership and right in front of the sales manager and myself. Girl walked over to her large pickup truck, just got in and backed right into my Miata.

1 Like

Part of the list of my youthful indiscretions was to almost total (I still have it) my father’s Austin-Healey 3000. My mother declared “that little car” to be unsafe and insisted it be replaced. My father bought a new E-Type claiming it was the larger, safer car my mother ordered him to buy. It was still much smaller than the land yachts of the era, but she accepted his logic.

5 Likes