Etype series 3 brake bleeding problem/Master cyclinder?

Good afternoon everyone,
I have a 1973 series 3 e-type 2+2.

I went for a fill up a couple of days ago, mainly because I wanted to give the car a rund during the lockdown.

I had all sorts of weird pulling from the steering wheel during the short drive, so suspected the brakes were sticking on the front. The car hasn’t had much use so far this year.

I removed the front calipers and sure enough some of the pistons were seized. I exercised the brakes to grip a piece of wood to move the pistons as much as possible. Typically a pair moved but not the other. I put them on the bench cleaned them up, blew air down to remove the pistons, still sticky. I used some plus gas between the piston and caliper sleeve and left overnight.

I decided to put them back on the car to see if I could hydraulic the stuck piston a bit by holding the free ones. But I could not bleed the system ( I used a vacuum bleeder). In the end I took them off again and managed to home all of the pistons. Thinking air behind the pistons may be giving me trouble. Still no luck bleeding, I started with the backs and moved to the front, no luck.

I resorted to making a washer with and using a push bike tyre to give a valve to fit the reserevoir (works a treat). flow from either vac or pressure seems to be ok, but still nothing under the brake peddle.

I decided to remove the master cylinder outlet banjo to see if the brake peddle was pushing fluid. I get nothing until it gets to the very end, I think when it pushes reaction plate.then I get a small amount. Should the master cylinder be pushing vast amounts? should the reservoir be emptying as soon as I remove the outlet banjo?

If I remove the inlet banjo brake fluid flows.

Any help would be ver welcome.

Thanks

Steve

Ok so today I stripped down the master cyclinder. The return spring retaining clip had broken, hence the master cylinder piston was not retracting on release of the foot pedal.

As I stripped down the master cylinder component by component, the No 10 seal items were placed on in reverse order to the diagram on 70.30.02 or 70.30.04 (Master cylinder and reaction valve assy). Has anyone else ever had this?

Thanks