Putting it back together is a lot more work!!!
I loosened right euro downpipe and realized I didn’t have the flanges seated perfectly. Messed up two bronze nuts. I’ve switched to stainless steel nuts/lockwashers now. Although a bit harder to get started, I find them easier to work with once on studs. I got the flanges on correctly this time, and when I got to 15ftlbs, bam, suddenly the donuts popped into place as I felt the whole thing move up a tad and loosen a bit. Downpipe is still close to subframe mount, maybe 5mm, but a bit higher now. Should be fine. Not a lot of room! I ended up at 17ftlbs (manual says 25, but I used anti seize)
The driver’s side, oh man. I ended up taking off the two bolts that hold steering rack so I could nudge it a bit to pull steering wheel shaft off at slip joint. Need the space!
Getting that first nut started from below is a test in patience (a helper would have been nice)(I actually used bronze temporarily to hold it in place because it’s easier to start), which held it all in place so I could secure two outer nuts from up top. Then I got fourth nut started from below.
Now with flanges in place I removed bronze nut, fit the p/s shield hole to that stud, and put on stainless steel nut/lockwasher. I then removed front/outer nut from top so I could put other side of p/s shield on, and reattached that nut.
So right now left downpipe is in place with flanges in place and nuts/lockwashers loosely started. I’ll tighten her up tomorrow.