Facelift front cross brace on 1990 XJ-S convertible

I obtained a front cross brace from a facelift XJS convertible and plan to install it on my wife’s 1990 XJ-S convertible to try to reduce the cowl shake. Attached are pictures of the front cross brace on the floor of my garage, the approximate dimensions, and a picture that I received from the seller that I purchased it from.

5c4c175dc17155edaa3a74852e332e7544420bb5-1

I know that the rear mount points are the jack points. Can someone with a facelift XJS with a front cross brace reply with pictures of the front mount points on the subframe.
I would also like to mount an accelerometer in the car and record before and after readings to see what difference the cross brace makes, if any. I have read a bunch of posts in the archives but have more to read. There are anecdotal posts about the cross brace making a big difference, but does anyone have actual test data or recommendations for how to objectively test for vibrations before and after cross brace installation?

Paul

Are you sure the rear cross brace is simply bolted to the existing jacking points?I vaguely recall large protrusions welded to the bottom of my ‘95 that don’t exist on my ‘92. Unfortunately all the cars are offsite while I’m painting the barn.

John,
I am sure that there is nothing simple about the cross brace installation. :wink:
You bring up a good point about the rear mount points. It would be best for me to have pictures of both the front and rear mount points of the front cross brace. I plan to have one of our local hot rod shops do the actual installation for me as I suspect that some welding will be necessary and I don’t possess that skill or equipment.

Paul