Facelift - Low Brake Fluid Pressure at One Caliper

I really am not sure what to say, as I’m no brakes expert, but sounds to me like your caliper is hosed.

Yeah, I’ve already made the warranty claim. They’re shipping me a new one.

If you don’t have to return the old one it would be interesting to pull it apart and see what’s up.

For a $50 core, I do.

Believe me, I would love to understand what these calipers look like from the inside.

Thanks for the help.

This isn’t the worst week to have this problem, as the car won’t be used this week, so I’ll have time this weekend to swap it out.

1 Like

Ended up being a bad caliper.

I got it replaced by RockAuto and everything is good now.

Only issue is when I crack open the bleeder valve, the fluid prefers to bleed out the threads. No leak when the valve is closed, and I can get fluid through the valve, but also through the threads. It’s not an either/or, it’s always an “and”. No matter how close to closed the valve is, its either bleeding through the valve and threads, or not at all. The threads on the bleeder valve is M10 x 1.00mm (extra fine).

How do you measure a bleed valve? After some hunting, I believe someone posted that its an M10x1.00x33mm, however the entire length of my bleeder valve is just under 30mm. From the hex stop to the inside end of the valve it’s 16.75mm.

I’d like to buy a speed bleeder for the front calipers.

(threads for the front are indeed M10x1.00)