Factory ran out of paint?

This header tank, original, has not been painted.
This looks like the primer that was on one of the metal coolant pipes.

And what is with the yellow stripe on the hose?
None of the usuals seem to carry yellow striped coolant pipes.

I think some hoses originally had yellow or tan stripes - several did when I got my S2 and I think they were original (they certainly were old).

Just for the heck of it I added stripes to the replacements:

I believe that vacuum hoses and brake fluid hoses (from the reservoirs) also had stripes - these are originals:

Great job on the stripes. How did you get it so crisp and what kind of paint did you use?

I can’t believe the number of people on this forum that have never looked at or downloaded the JCNA Series1 or Series 2 E-Type Judging guides as they cover the great majority of questions such as this one.
Bob

I just ran 2 strips of masking tape and sprayed with Krylon.

As Bob notes, the judging covers all hoses & stripes. It describes the striped on the heater hoses as “Black with raised white rubber stripe” - this is what my originals looked like:

What I painted is obviously not ‘raised’ and I went with off-white to look more like old white - I’m not trying to fool anybody, just making it a bit more detailed.

Good point.
I actually perused the judging guide thoroughly, and it seems that “hammered silver” is the ONLY answer.

But mine was BEIGE - looked like primer only, no paint. And it was the ORIGINAL tank. So I was wondering what the pros thought.