"Failsafe Engine Mode" alert

A photo of the actual microswitch might help identify it. Also, are there any identifying number on it or a make?

Your wish is my command, but it dosen’t help :slight_smile:
Caveat this is for the XJR ‘99. But I would think they would be similar micros’

Difficult to tell exactly without the dimensions of the actual switch but they look awfully like the Cherry DK range of sub-miniature sealed microswitches. I’ve come across these in S Type door locks. Cherry switches are quite difficult to find in small quantities but the Omron D2AW range are a good substitute and readily available at RS Components amongst other suppliers for less than GBP2.00 each.

Yep that looks like they would work, interesting I spent quite a while with the rep going through to the RS catalogue here in NZ and didn’t come across these :slight_smile: having said that a company called Element14 lists them.

Wow, I just looked up the price of a replacement switch assembly from SNG. Ouch. If you are reasonably dexterous with a soldering iron, I’m certain you could fettle a replacement microswitch to make a perfectly good repair.

Correct they aren’t cheap 2nd hand either :frowning:

Well it took a while, but finally got around to fixing this. I broke down and decided to just buy the new switch from SNG. No, it’s not cheap, but I figured it would be the easiest and quickest way to fix the problem. With everyone on quarantine I only drove it up and down the block, but I have a pretty good handle on what was triggering the warnings, and I didn’t see them. So the switch seems to have fixed the problem. Was about $160 from SNG.

Glad to hear that you feel the problem is solved.