Fallen back in love with my E-Type

After 15 years of not being on Jag lovers I’m back, my E-Type was sulking in the back of the garage whilst I played with other stuff but every now and again I’d look over and see it looking at me asking for attention!
So I decided to get her back on the road and re ignite the love affair I had with her when i bought her in 1998.
Stuck some webers on her, originality was never going to be an issue as i put a Supra 5 speed back in her in 2001.
But a few questions arose so I did the internet search for answers and there was Jag Lovers, everything I needed to know and so many names still on the list. Sad to hear Jerry Mouton has passed, he was a prolific contributor of accurate information.
Anyway I’m happy to be back and looking forward contributing.
cheers
Steve central Victoria Australia
ps has Wiggy still got all those DKW’s?

Welcome back Steve. I’ll let Wiggy answer that question.
How is it going with getting your old E back on the road ?
Cheers … Ole

1 Like

Welcome back!!

Im down to a single Deek, and Tweety now lives in Switzerland! Plus, I finally found a decent P6 Rover, my first since 1980, so I can still feel some kinship with you Jag lovers…:wink:

The E is great thanks Ole, about to order an otter switch from Coolcat, good to hear from Wiggy,ha ha Tweety because the noise she made!
My wifes favourite of the cars we’ve had was her P6 3500, I eventually bought her a Jensen Interceptor but have never really been forgiven for selling her P6!

cheers
Steve

I have two… '73 and '74 :slight_smile:

Hey Philip, I love the Interceptor but doubt I could afford the fuel for two :-):grin:

Do you have a fool proof starting procedure for either of yours? Wifey’s has no choke and a holley 600 or something and we need to get the aerostart out most of the time, will probably put a manual choke on it.

cheers
Steve

4 energetic pumps of the throttle, keeping the throttle depressed on the 4th. Then crank till she fires (normally very quick to fire). This procedure relies on the float chambers being filled with fuel (electric pump helps in this regard) and the accelerator pump piston working well and squirting fuel on every jab of the throttle.

A Holley with no choke IS bad practise.

Imho, the Carter Thermoquad is the very best carb out there!!

With apologies to the original poster, I can only confirm starting with the carter Thermoquad (with operational and correctly set choke) :

Best regards

Philip

I get 20.3mpg(uk) or 17mpg (us) with my modified '74. Efi + GM 4L60E.