Famous XJS owners

BCKPCRRpgfJx7w6LaMW4mj

joanjett

i042334_efbe3d0f89ad2f6291571b0686b8b2978e387212

1 Like

Joan Jett’s first car, before she was old enough to drive, was an 1983 XJ-S HE coupe, not a convertible. It was later on display at the Rock Hall of Fame. But, I cannot recall if it was a 12 or a 6.

I think you mean “Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers” … (unless you’re referring to a racing team that Tom had at one time :racing_car: :laughing: )

LOL, Palmdude … Did you write a version in “Valley-ease” ? :joy_cat:

Yes, I thought it odd that the original Saint didn’t drive one … I heard (rumor) that supposedly Jaguar was approached about providing them for the series then (at no cost, just for the free publicity) and stupidly enough Jaguar refused it. :roll_eyes: I guess they finally came to their senses about that when the Return of the Saint came out, and complied this time. :money_mouth_face:

PS is now a “Sir” ? :confused:

Uh, I think she passed before the debut of the model … ('76) … :roll_eyes:

That’s Anna Nicole Smith, not Marilyn Monroe… Get new glasses!

Sorry, those Hollywood-type dumb blondes all look alike to me, even with glasses … :laughing:

If it was an HE it was a V12

1 Like

I must be getting old… the only picture I recognized was smith imitating Monroe… I have absolutely no idea who those people are… here’s a pic of me on a Hollywood set with Pat Boone but he had his Rolls Royce that day… shows how far back I get… some of you probably never heard of him either… generational differences…

3 Likes

Was he wearing a white sport coat with a pink carnation?

1 Like

Interesting, Scrimbonator … Were you a "clapboard"man at the time? :confused: Did you ask Pat to put in a good word for you with the Man Above? :latin_cross: :angel: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

No, that would have been Marty Robbins (one of my dad’s own fav singers, btw :man_singer: ) … :smile_cat: Come to think of it, I wonder what kind of car Marty drove … :oncoming_automobile: He seems the “Cadillac” type to me for some reason …

A Plymouth Belvedere kinda feller!

And the eponymous song…

Nice job, Wiggler :+1: I had almost forgotten that Marty was an “amateur” race car driver in his day. Same for Steve McQueen … :racing_car: