FHC hatch prop rod question

There are several posts and photos (Jerry Mouton and the English site) of the hatch prop rod - early cars, not scissors. Unfortunately the subtle info I need isn’t clear in the pictures. My female end - the one that takes the Thackery washers, has a bend in it. The bend is at the very end, so it seems unlikely it was bent in use. The best picture was from the Texas Jag guys and there is no bend on this end at all. All the part photos are from the wrong angle and there apparently was some subtle change in a few of these parts when they found the receiver wouldn’t hold the rod properly - I have the enclosed style receiver. It sure looks like it shouldn’t have a bend, as it won’t fit the rubber holder the way it is AND line up with the receiver. Yes, I have the bracket the right way. This is one of the few parts that were on the car originally.
One of the last parts going on the car !!!

Larry,
Original from '63 FHC…perfectly straight.
![20190518_081633_resized|666x500](upload

://ysnEXDIPojlex8FYAqdFRV6V9Jz.jpeg)

Thanks a million. Mystery how it got that way. A '64 3.8 should be identical! Strange how a fistful of photos never showed this. Again, thanks (your picture is on the piano.)
BTW, I think I know why there were different (maybe) versions of the early rod, as well as the receiver. The part that went into the receiver has unique notches, which may be different for the 2 versions of the receiver, despite the rest of the rod being the same, again, I’m only guessing.

Here is mine from a 1963 FHC - again straight…

Thanks. It looks like someone carefully ground off one of the 2 ears on the receiver end. I thought this might have been a change to go with the ‘enclosed’ receiver, but it might just be a PO hack.

Here is mine. 65 FHC. Straight at the both ends.

Rick OBrien

Thanks to everyone’s help the part is in and fits fine.