FHC plywood for fixing headlining

Does anyone have some details on the plywood pieces around the sides of the headlining for a 140 FHC ? Mine is totally gone .
Thanks Jim

Jim,

My notes (partly “proudly stolen elsewhere”) say the following:
Trim fillets made from ⅛” Millboard and covered in Rexine Pickles 72.The headlining assembly consisted of ⅛” thick steel strip, plywood tacking fillets and aluminium retaining angles. The top quarter casings, in which the interior lights were fitted, were made of ⅛” plywood and covered in thin felt and headlining cloth (both 31 x 17”). The interior light pocket (covered in headlining cloth as well) is nailed to the plywood pieces behind.
A 36” length of piping (made from ⅛” diameter cord and a 2” wide strip of lining cloth) ran between the top quarter panel and the headlining.

I have the following sketches and photos made of my own 1955 FHC:

If you need photos/dimensions of the panels for the Quarter Lights with interior light, let me know.

Bob K.

1 Like

The BD2045 rubber noted whilst it was BD2045 rubber, when used in this application has a different part number due to being modified. The section of this rubber around the QL in fact has the lip cut off as it would push the QL out to far.
This subject was covered a while back and I do have a sketch somewhere of how it all goes together. I jut did a 120FHC a couple of months back
terry

Thank Bob .
I guess there is about 1" of ply wood strip showing and is cut away around the headlining bows ?
Jim

Hi Terry
So is it this seal , then cut the lip off yourself ?
https://coventryautocomponents.co.uk/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2181&search=BD2045

Jim,

I can confirm Terry’s remark that the “modern” BD.2045 rubber is too thick and as a consequence the Quarter Lights and therefor the (top of the) doors will move about 3 mm to the outside. I was unable to get the door (where the handle is) absolutely flush with the rear wing. Without BD.2045 it fits beautifully. Unfortunately I didn’t know then that I should cut off part of this rubber… You always assume that our suppliers have checked whether a part they offer is correct for the job.

Bob K.