Finally finished all of the work on friend's MY88 (picture attached)

After two or three months of work, I finally today finished all of the immediate necessary work on my friend’s 1988 XJ40

Yahoo! It’s finally out of my shop! :slight_smile: :grinning:

The only thing major thing left is a low pad warning showing on the dash display. One of the front pad sensors is missing. I have to see if these are still available anywhere.

BTW, when this car first came into my shop I was very discouraged about the car because it looked terrible. It had sat outside for 6 - 8 years and the car was covered in mold on the paint and there was a HUGE rust hole in the floor of the trunk. But as you can see from the picture above it cleaned up very nicely.

1 Like

Looks great! I’m sure it feels awesome to get to this point. Nice work! Now, where do you live? I have one in need of some attention. :laughing:

My shop is in NE Ohio. FYI I am traveling to NYC next week to buy a 1989 car in case that is near to you.

Too bad both places are 450 miles away, give or take. I live in southwest VA. :smile:

I have a good friend in Reston Virginia that I visit occasionally.

I’ve been in Reston many times. Up until a couple years ago I lived about 45 minutes from there.