Finding Replacement Items for XJS V-12

I am sometimes in need of parts and I would like to know a good source for most anything. For now I am looking for the replacement of my heat protector for under my hood. I have a 1986 XJS V-12 any help on finding this replacement would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
J.C.

J.C.,
The OEM XJ-S fiberglass under bonnet covers haven’t been available for years and any used ones that you find are likely to be worse than what you have on your car.
Attached is a picture of a neoprene under bonnet cover that I purchased on eBay and installed on our 1990 XJ-S convertible about 10 years ago. I removed the bonnet to install it, and it still looks great. The cover had an adhesive backing that has held up well over the years. I especially like the Jaguar decal that came with the cover. The eBay seller that I purchased it from has reportedly passed away and I don’t know of anyone specifically selling this exact product now. You could try searching eBay or online for a similar generic neoprene product.

Paul

J.C.,
I am not sure where in the world you live since this is an international list. I live in the South Carolina, USA and I routinely use several sources to purchase new and used parts for our three Jaguars including: Moss Motors in California, SNG Barratt in New Hampshire, Coventry West in Georgia, Welsh Enterprises in Ohio, Paul’s Jaguar Parts in Florida, and our local Jaguar dealership in Greenville, SC. I also purchased used parts from a variety of sources who are parting out Jaguars including sellers on eBay and Jag-Lovers members who post on the Classified Ad page. I shop around for parts and often purchase a bunch of items from the same source to try to economize on prices and shipping costs.

Paul

It might be worth noting that a couple of owners have reported simply removing that bear rug and leaving the hood uninsulated with no ill effects.

1 Like

Thanks Paul. I will take a look. I hope I can find one and I like yours.
J.C.

Thanks for the replies. I live in the middle Georgia area. I meant to call Coventry West but actually forgot. I use to buy a lot from Glen Hall (I believe he is in South Carolina), but I believe his site is down. My XJS has been off the road for a while but getting ready to go again. At this time I don’t have anything for an under bonnet. As mentioned, are they really necessary? I am afraid I will ruin the bonnet and paint job without one.
Thanks,
J.C.

You go that from the late Gonzalo Duque who did pass away sadly of I believe pancreatic cancer.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/memorial-section-54/passing-gonzo-hoodliners-net-121206/

But https://www.hoodliners.net/product/1977-1991-jaguar-xjs-v12 is back under his daughter Nicole. It took her a while to set back up, but those are now being re-supplied.
Duque Hoodliner Productions

~Paul K.

Paul,
Thank you for the update. I will save that info as I occasionally get asked about where I got the under bonnet liners for my Jaguars. I purchased two, one for my former 1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas that I sold in 2020 and our 1990 XJ-S convertible. They both held up nice, and I especially liked the Jaguar decals.

Paul

1 Like

about how much do the liners cost

According to the website Paul discussed above the facelift XJS is $94.99. I think the same price for older as well

thanx… mine is still good but it is rather a coarse piece of material

In case anyone is looking for a low cost solution:

I’ve bought a couple of these. The look is similar to what was originally used to Jaguar. Easy to cut and install. Available in a variety of thicknesses and sizes.

Cheers
DD

1 Like

I still have my original 1988 hood liner in good shape. Want to point out, there are cutouts, especially a big circle for throttle capstan. So it is a tight fit, you dont want it touching things.

I am one of them. 1234567890111213141521627281920!!,

I planned to spray the underside with bed liner. it never happened, Not likely anymore…

1 Like

Paul thanks for helping me in the past with my hood bonnet questions. I did get one from Duque Hoodliner Productions. I have looked here in the forum and can’t find anything in regards to seat covers. I am not needing to have my seats recovered but I would like to have a nice looking seat cover for the front seats. I have been thinking about getting beaded for the drivers’ side. Any ideas. I have also searched the internet pretty hard.
Jep

1 Like

I was given that beaded cover. A long time ago I tried it for a time. No. tossed it.

1 Like

Ditto: I tried one of those beaded seat covers: it lasted about 10 minutes before I took it out and tossed it.

1 Like