Finding replacement wood trim

I am missing a wood trim piece for my XK-120 DHC. The Jaguar spare parts catalogue refers to it as Capping, Lower, on RH Head Pillar, part # BD8195. I have not been able to locate it in the catalogs of any major supplier, and neither Madera Concepts nor British Autowood supply parts anymore, they just refurbish parts. It is a small, relatively simple piece, so perhaps it could be fabricated using the LH side, which I have, as a template. Any ideas? Much obliged.

A good chippy should be able to reproduce it . I made a windscreen pillar wood trim for mine.

I believe Rogers Motors can help you. It has been a year or so but they helped me with the right and left pieces.

thanks. I reached out to them and it sounds promising,

Rogers Motors

referred me to Nick Reeves in England. He was able to fabricate the piece I needed, and in addition, fabricated 2 new door capping pieces (mine had been damaged) and 2 new dash end pieces, since the old ones were beginning to delaminate. He also re-veneered the whole lot. He quoted me a price of GBP 1,270. I haven’t received his final bill, which would include shipping (not cheap from the US). He sent me the pictures below:

1 Like

Alan,

See pic below: Nick made this about 16 years ago. I visited him in his workshop where you’ll find all kind of templates for all kind of Jaguars (and other brands).

Bob K.

1 Like

Nick has recently completed the full set for my 140DHC, and I can thoroughly recommend him. He is very helpful, very knowledgeable, and above all very, very good.
I’m sure he would be happy to do as much, or as little as you need. He’s getting up to speed in his new workshop now, having suffered an accident during the building process! Email’s best for Nick. Let me know if you don’t have his email address.
Roger

Folks, I also recommend Nick Reeves very highly indeed, he recently did a fabulous job for me on a complete new set of woodwork for my 140 FHC. Cheers, Jon.