Finishing up the interior on the Aluminium low drag

1 Like

Had to tinker with the seat belts so will be replacing the moquette when it’s done

Boot lining is under way… Thoughts on the internal come external fuel filler surround?..

1 Like

I love the nice clean look – to say nothing about the cleaner look of the filled-in/gone external fuel filler lid.
But my first thought was what will the the moquette in the boot look like after the 10th time the tank is filled. I might be inclined to add a stainless (or other) finisher on top of the internal filler cavity to shield the upholstery and make clean up of inevitable fuel spills/dribbles easier.

Craig

2 Likes

You can always just look at photographs of the original car and repeat that if you want to. I would have thought that most of this work is just additional weight added to make it all look nice. There’s no harm in that, but it isn’t remotely what the aluminium cars were all about.

Most car “restorers” are also in the jewellery business.

kind regards
Marek

1 Like

Then, there’s the XKSS…:grimacing:

What I mean is that they may as well make the interior easy to mop out. The doors on these cars are paper weight and paper flimsy with poor weathersealing. The single windscreen wiper is smaller than Hitler’s moustache. When it rains, it’ll all go inside and “finishing” the car in any conventional upholstery will be as good as using a sponge moquette in an OTS with no top. The cars are very beautiful, but they are not remotely practical.
kind regards
Marek

3 Likes

I can’t wait to use that. :smiley:

2 Likes

There is a lid to also marry into the empty space you see. There will be no moquette for that purpose given a spill is going to happen. But, yes you guys make a fair point.

You summed up the new manager very promptly given they’re his off peak ideas :sweat_smile: