First XK120FHC for sale in Germany(?)

hi all,

Not an ad and no relation with me, but though it would be interest to show: according to the seller it’s the first FHC produced, apparently with some unique features.

No affiliation, not a classified.

Best,

Ll.

Nice car

Love the detail that it was used to deliver post in rural Virginia for 20 years.

I think the fav detail of my cars history is that the PO bought it from a dairy farmer.

Only 112000?

It’s a present…

1 Like

679006 is not quite the first FHC. 679001 survives, owned by someone on this forum, and last I heard there were 2 cars claiming to be 679002 (but let’s not add to the controversy here).
The prototype 669001 was reportedly scrapped by the factory.

Find indeed the next paragraph odd: “In 1989 the No. 6 (???) was imported to Germany by a major Jaguar Collector. It was restored within”. Maybe the oldest one with matching numbers?

The last digit of the chassis number?

Maybe the original owner was D.B. Cooper.

1 Like

Hello,
I am the owner of #679006 and Jaguar write me the 1. owner was Steven W. Cooper
and who is D.B. Cooper? BTW the car is still on offer for GBP 83 000!

D. B. Cooper is an unidentified man who hijacked Northwest Orient Airlines Flight 305, a Boeing 727aircraft, in United States airspace on November 24, 1971. During the flight from Portland, Oregon, to Seattle, Washington, the hijacker told a flight attendant he was armed with a bomb, demanded $200,000 in ransom (equivalent to $1,400,000 in 2022), and requested four parachutes upon landing in Seattle. After releasing the passengers in Seattle, the hijacker instructed the flight crew to refuel the aircraft and begin a second flight to Mexico City, with a refueling stop in Reno, Nevada. About 30 minutes after taking off from Seattle, the hijacker opened the aircraft’s aft door, deployed the staircase, and parachuted into the night over southwestern Washington. The hijacker has never been found or conclusively identified

1 Like

Great Information, thank you!

Vom iPhone
freundliche Gruesse/Best regards

Heiner Reinhardt

679002 we should and I can’t remember if we had 3 cars or was it 4 claiming to be 679002 but it was more than 2 cars! :grinning: