Fixing Door Control Module Connector

I’ve fixed almost all of the electrical connector issues on my bargain 2000 X308 but now come back to the problem of none of the services working in the Drivers Side Rear Door. I identified that it wasn’t the Door Control Module so went through a process of checking the connections.

Sure enough, several of the connections to the Blue Connector were broken at the actual connector - most importantly the live feed RD10-1 - they have actually broken off at the crimp.

Now my issue is that I don’t know how to remove the female connectors from the connector block. I don’t even know what this type of femail connector is called so I can replace the broken ones.

I’ve removed the plate to expose the connectors but can’t see how I push/pull them out of the block.

Can I anyone help me with instructions and/or guidance or even just the name of the female connectors so I can go and find out how to do it? I’ve attached photos.

So close and yet so far!

Internal view of connector with cover plate removed

Details of the connector - maybe I can get a replacement pigtail

Rear View - you can see the broken live wire

Some evidence of the corrosion of the connectors on the cover plate

Mark
Wirral, UK
1982 XJ6 4.2
2000 XJ8 3.2

Maybe these would work;

1 Like

Thanks. I can’t get this one in the UK but you have prompted me to order something similar from Amazon. I can see that will help removing the pins.

I just need to work out what they are so I can order replacements!

Cheers

Mark

When I worked at the Jaguar dealer we got a ‘KIT’ from Jaguar tool supplier that included hundreds of electrical connectors (some with ‘pigtails’), removal and installation tools.

You might need to find a similar car at a salvage yard and get the connector with a short length of harness to repair what you have?

1 Like

Thanks for this. I’ve managed to source the whole wiring loom for the door so, presuming the connector is good on that, I’ll either replace the connector or the whole loom if it’s in good condition.

I can’t help but think that one of those kits would be a good investment for an X300/308 :wink:

I think I’ve identified the replacement pins and the removal tool so that’s my final option.

Cheers

Mark

All fixed. I pulled out all the terminals with cheap extraction tools I bought on Amazon (dreadful quality but they did the job). All but two of the terminals were good so I crimped new terminals onto the two broken wires - TE 170209-1 Junior Power Timer Sockets - https://www.te.com/usa-en/product-170209-1.html. I got a strip of 50 from RS Components so I could practise .

I pushed these back into the connector block, replaced the connector cover, and tested all the connections for connectivity. All good. I then reconnected everything and tested and, yes, central locking and electric window are working now along with the puddle light and speakers.

Total cost of the fix was probably about $3 but most of that went on new door panel fixings and making good the PO’s previous bodges - he’d obviously had a go at fixing the problems with a mixture of duct tape and cable ties.

When I bought this car three weeks ago, I got a discount of $700/GBP500 because there were so many electrical issues. This was the final one and I’ve spent less than $10 fixing them all with a mixture of time, patience and great advice from the forums. Thanks to everyone for their help. I’m now much better equipped to deal with the inevitable problems in the future…

3 Likes