Flywheel removal, XJ6C Manual gearbox

Hello to everyone,

Help needed here! After removing all the bolts that hold the flywheel in place, the flywheel does not move at all! Should I use a lever to apply pressure and pop out the flywheel or is another more “polite” way of doing it?

***After searching the forum, I found two threads that briefly explain the procedure, but I don’t quite understand it. Can anyone help?

Now that the gearbox is out, what other maintenance would you propose me to do?

Cheers!

Gentle taps, with a dead-blow, on the mating surface, and in the direction of the crank may pop it loose.

Dont let it fall on your toes.

Dont ask…:confounded:

Any fault symptoms…?

You may strip it down for inspection - and do what seems necessary. The basic wear parts are the synchromesh assemblies - and of course seal renewals…?

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

There are two dowels tapped 5/16" UNF, screw in a bolt via a piece of tube/socket, min 3/4" ID to extract the dowels. Take care that the bolt
does not contact the sump or rear seal housing.
Peter B.

Many thanks Peter, The photo was really helpful.
We striped down the gearbox today. We found some play in the front gearbox bearing (gonna replace it), the bell housing oil seal was completely destroyed and also something is going wrong with the gearbox detent plunger so we gonna replace that too. We will also change the overdrive inhibitor/ reverse switches, overdrive harness, overdrive with a reconditioned unit, gear lever bushes. If you think we are forgetting something let me know.

Regards!

_